Spring is coming sooner this year :)

I was just noticing that I need to take a picture of my front yard tree again to see how much it has grown from last year this time. I was amazed, not just at how much bigger it is not but also at how much farther along in "spring" (if you can call it that in Feb!) it is than it was last year... and farther along than the rest of the trees on the block, if I must confess my sapling pride :)



As I was laying sprawled across the sidewalk in order to avoid including the infringing powers lines and encroaching neighboring tree silhouettes, I noticed I was not the only one out with a camera on my block. What a nice way to meet a friend.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Great simple photos with clear blue sky back ground. Well done on your tree blooming!

Erin said...

Tell us more about your little sapling - how old is it? what kind is it?

Erin said...

Hey Snooley. You've been tagged.

Julie Handel said...

We put the "little" guy in last year when he was about 6 ft tall. He's probably 8-10 now and almost has leaves... I've forgotten what kind he is but I'll post a picture when his leaves are in all the way and maybe you can tell me :)

Delarubia said...

Just checking in on your blogging and REEEEEALLY related to this one. After two weeks of real spring (a rare thing in New England, which usually skips straight from winter to blazing humidity), we are back in the 40's today with rain. It's the buds that keep me going!!!