thinking lately

Pete and I have been scouring Zip Reality these days... looking at houses we definitely couldn't afford a year ago. When I'm not looking for a new (bigger) house to move into, I'm thinking about what I'd like to do with ours, from smallish (new door) to extravagant (complete re-model). I think I"m thinking about it so much it's even become a source of discontent, when I totally should be soooo overwhelmed with gratefulness for all that I have. I was completely convicted when I read a friend's blog who is living in Africa as a missionary. Reality Check! Definitely worth a read:

http://gilandamy.blogspot.com/2008/09/living-with-but-not-in-poverty.html

3 comments:

Erin said...

That was a good, thought-provoking read. Thank you for sending us over there!

sarah said...

Oh, I can identify. Such a good reminder. Thanks for keepin' it real.

DellaRose said...

so easy to forget so fast even when you have seen so much

thanks
~ruth